Tips For Customizing Your Pool

Posted on: 24 June 2015

From the time that you decide you want to put a pool in your backyard, you need to start thinking about how you want to use your pool. Every homeowner has a different way of viewing their pool, and that means they need to start planning before they ever have it installed. If you are considering a major renovation in the way of a swim area, use the tips below to help you customize the experience.

Decide on the Shape and Size

The shape and size of your pool are major factors that go together. For example, if you want to maximize your swim area, you might opt for a circular pool that offers the same diameter from every edge of the pool rather than a rectangular pool that offers different dimensions when it comes to width and length. However, for those who plan to swim laps while others play in the pool, a rectangular one might be the better option because you don't have to swim across the center of it to enjoy the complete length.

  • Small pools work well for games and aquatic exercises.
  • Kidney-shaped or Roman pools offer an aesthetically pleasing view combined with functionality.
  • If a diving board or diving at all is expected, a deeper pool will be necessary.

Consider Outside Safety Features

When installing a pool, it's necessary to think about things like fencing and footing. You'll want to have some type of fence in place to keep unwanted visitors from the pool. You'll also want solid footing in the form of decking or concrete pads.

  • Check local building codes to learn about fencing requirements.
  • Consider if you want to enclose the entire yard or just the pool.
  • Use the shape and placement of the pool to determine some of your fencing and decking needs. For example, if the pool is right outside the patio door, you'll only need to fence in 75% of the outside of it because the house makes up the other 25%. At the same time, the placement of the pool may determine how much access and footing you will need surrounding the pool.

Plan Your Decor

From lighting to fountains, the decor you are considering can have an impact on the type of pool you install. For example, if you plan to put a diving board at the far end of a rectangular pool, you won't want to install a fountain in the pool or you might opt for a kidney-shape in order to have more than one area as a focal point.

No matter how you plan to personalize your swimming experience, make sure to consider all of the factors from how you plan to use your pool to how you want it to look in your yard. Talk with a pool installation professional like A & G Pools today to learn more about your options and how to meet your needs.



We Got Our Inground Pool and Couldn’t Be Happier

Hello. Thank you for stopping by my blog. My name is Jane Seagal. My husband Larry and I have wanted an inground pool for a long time, but we didn’t see how it would be possible. We live on a hill. We have over five acres, so plenty of room. We just didn’t see how it would be possible on the sloop. Not until we had a pool contractor come out and talk with us. We now have the most amazing yard, with a pool! I never imagined how lovely our yard could be. I’m excited to share about the transformation we have witnessed. I’m going to tell you all about our pool and spa! If you are concerned as to whether or not a pool would work in your yard, I hope what I have to share will be of help.